Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Post...





So, I am really new to the blog thing. Apparently it is the thing to do and everyone is doing it! I decided to create a blog to keep a journal of my new house. Ben and I started building about 2 weeks ago and I want to be able to look back at the process once we move in. We actually did not start this process 2 weeks ago-- the concept has been around for about 5 years. Ben and I have been together for 6 years and married for 3 of those. After about a year of dating, we started to plan on our life together. That life included living on Hoo Shoo Too Road in Baton Rouge. My husband grew up in the country and had every intention of remaining there. I am a city girl, so I had my reservations. However, he convinced me that Hoo Shoo Too would be a wonderful place to raise a family. I agreed...well, because I wanted to marry him. Needless to say, we have been living out here for about 4 years in a little house that Ben grew up in. We started dreaming about building a house out here one day and after 5 years of dreaming...we finally broke ground about 2 weeks ago. However, it took almost a year to get to this point. After Hurricane Gustav, we met with a draftsman who drew our house plans, which took about 6 months. Thanks Lou! We love them. Then, we had to interview and hire a builder. That took about 3 months. Then....we had to clear the property and get it ready for building. FINALLY....we closed on the construction loan and the fun has begun. So, this is the beginning of the story...hopefully, I will keep up with the blogging and post pictures of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment