Wednesday, July 27, 2011

JUNE 22, 2011

So, I was scheduled to be induced at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, June 22, 2011. I was 41 weeks pregnant at that time, which is obvious from the photos I took that morning.



However, I actually went into labor at about 11 p.m. Although, I did not know that I was in labor because it did not feel anything like what my doctor told me! I had cramps and lower back pain. I ended up calling the doctor on call at like 3 a.m. and he told me I could come in but he didnt think I was in active labor. Things got progressively WORSE! I called my mom and she said that she thought I was in labor. Anyways, long story short, I ended up at the hospital with contractions about 3-5 minutes apart. Obviously I was in active labor.

I got some pitocin and an epidural at around 8 am. I was so excited because I was progressing nicely but then it STOPPED. After 2 pm, I did not progress past 6 cm. But, the doc let me go until 6 p.m. at which time we decided I needed a C-section.

And....this is what we got!



Daddy was so proud of his new baby girl!

1 comment: