Saturday, November 26, 2011

12 plus pounds of "N.O."



So, my sweet little girl has decided that she can tell me when she does not want something. Lovely.

Not only does she push things away but she always spits at me. Really? I know she is just letting me know how she feels and I am all about expressing our feelings, but I really do need her to cooperate. Ha!
Julia is enjoying solids right now. She loves sweet potatoes and pears. I offered her peas and the reaction... "NO" Guess we will try again in a few days.

She is also teething. I am thrilled about this milestone. However, I am not so thrilled about her response when I offer her a bottle...again, the same reaction... "NO"

I think she is weighing more than 12 pounds. I have not put her on a baby scale..just the regular scale when I hold her, weigh, then put her down and weigh...yikes! Still not a very pretty number. I have to admit, I have lost over 30 pounds since giving birth. But, those great skinny jeans don't fit quite yet. But, enough about me.

Julia is blowing bubbles at us as well as spitting at us. Very amusing. She thinks so. She is showing us her personality and we are just taking it all in. She also just started sitting up a few days ago. I cannot leave her alone like that but she can sit on her own for a good little while without help. She is also scooting when I put her on her tummy. Not very far...but enough to reach those toys she wants.

I also heard her say "mama" the other night. I do not think she associates the word with me, but I enjoyed hearing it nonetheless.

I am really looking forward to the day she can actually say "NO".

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with sweet baby girl! It gets so much fun from here on out. Congratulations on passing the hardest part... I type as I am smack dab in the middle of it. Doing great, super mom!

    ReplyDelete