Friday, October 9, 2009

I never thought I would....

I never in my life thought I would hire an Interior designer. However, upon being faced with this mighty task..I realized that I was not capable of picking out everything in my house..which includes color schemes, lighting, doors, counter tops, floors and cabinets. Oh I mean I can pick something out of a magazine that I love..but putting it all together for the entire house and within budget (the most important part) was something I was confident in admitting I could not handle. So, with great reservation and a little pushing from my contractors, I hired Terri Bouer. Let me tell you how amazing she has been. First, she is one of the most down to earth, talented people I have ever met. I know what you are thinking...Interior designer?? must cost a fortune! NOPE...very reasonable, especially for what she can do in such a little amount of time. Most importantly, she listens to me. Anyways, it hit me today how glad I am that I decided to hire her. I had to meet with the "cabinet" guy to "design" my cabinets...for the entire house. This includes the kitchen, built ins in the living room, every bathroom..laundry room, etc. Well, I had given Terri some pictures and she was great at just "sketching away"- she would literally draw my cabinets, show me the design and tell the cabinet man what to do. She also made sure spacing was correct, electrical outlets were perfect and there were NO FLAWS! And the whole time...she is keeping my husband cool and calm. I may be good at some things, but this I could never do. So, in the coming weeks as the interior of my home starts becoming a reality, I will surely post Terri's work. Yes, I had a say in all of this...but, she put it together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi- just wanted to leave you the name of another website for door hardware: ebuilderdirect.com. Door knobs for $10 bucks! By the way your house is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete