Thursday, August 11, 2011

So I am getting personal

Before Julia I did not really write much on my blog. But, since I have been staying home more because I am on maternity leave, I have been more motivated to write more on my blog.

Anyways, I was released from my doctor on Monday. This is great news! I am so excited that I am healing well and that I can resume normal activities. I was thrilled to hear that I can finally start working out again!~ soo ready to lose this last 20 (yikes) pounds. At the end of the of the appointment, my doctor handed me a prescription. Ugh....a prescription for b.c.

I only took birth control for about one year when Ben and I first got married. I was still in law school and Ben was a young attorney. We thought it was the right decision at the time. However, we soon decided that it was not right for us and we did it the natural way. IT worked great and when we were ready for little Julia, we got little Julia. WHAT a blessing!

Now, we are once again faced with the decision of whether or not to take b.c. Is it right for us right now? I actually did some research on this so called mini pill. It is the only b.c. I can take while breastfeeding. So, my research started because I wanted to know more about any affects it may have on my little angel. But, what I did not expect to learn was that this particular b.c. WILL ACTUALLY PREVENT a fertilized egg from attaching. :( NOT COOL. I believe that life starts at conception- when the egg is fertilized. I cannot even imagine having that happening to me. The sad thing is I would never know. My heart tells me that this is not right. I just dont think I could handle another baby right now. But, I guess it is not really my decision in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. Call me if you want to chat! I'm so grateful you did your research! Let's talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! Go with your heart- I am right there with ya on this one! You obviously know that your natural method works for you guys. I am glad to read a post on this topic as it is so rarely talked about openly :)

    ReplyDelete