Sunday, March 20, 2011

Addiction or Obsession

Baby Girl Clothes.

Three simple words that describe my latest obsession and/or addiction (depending on how you look at it).

I simply cannot help myself.

In the beginning, I was sure I was having a boy. So, I had accepted the fact that all things would be blue and I would have to look hard to find cute boy clothes. If you have shopped for baby clothes, you know that almost every store has a very small section for boys while the rest of the store is overly stocked with girl clothes. Don't get me wrong- there are lots of cute boy clothes; there is simply more options available for girls. I was also very indecisive about how I would decorate a baby boy's nursery. The one thing I did know was what I would name him. I believe my husband was somewhat relieved at the idea of having a boy as he THOUGHT this meant less shopping. So, when the nurse told us at our 20 week appointment that we were having a girl...all I could do was laugh. Poor Ben- he was thrilled and worried at the same time. He knew what this meant. Two women = Lots of shopping. Ofcourse, he was right- I am already training baby girl for our shopping excursions.

I know that I should stop buying baby clothes. I know that I should atleast buy less. It is just that everytime I walk into a baby store, I am overpowered by my desire to buy all of the cute little girl clothes in the store. There is just so much cute stuff!

I pray that I am not the only mother-to-be with this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment