Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby Girl Chapman

It's a GIRL!

I am almost 26 weeks pregnant and we are moving right along. We found out at 20 weeks that we are expecting a baby girl. Needless to say, I was completely shocked. I felt certain that we were having a little boy. But, it is definitely a little girl. We are still expecting her arrival on June 16, which is certain to be a very eventful week for so many reasons. I know most of you know that I lost my dad last summer. His birthday is June 18. I suspect that the week my baby is born will be very emotional as we will be celebrating her arrival and of course, remembering my dad. But, I know that he will be with us every step of the way. Wouldnt it be neat if she was born on his birthday? I guess God has his only little way of easing our pain here on earth. I know my baby will bring an amazing amount of joy to my family and will over power us with joy during this difficult time. How special is she.

So, more about the nursery. We have begun to prepare for little baby girl's arrival. I know I keep referring to her as baby girl- this is because we have not officially named her. However, if she you ask my husband, he has already named her :) We ordered her crib and dresser (which we will be using as a changing table as well). I have registered and cannot wait for our shower. We are having a couple's shower so Ben can enjoy opening presents as well! After a lot of research, I bought the crib bedding and I couldn't be any more excited! I bought the Hayley print from pottery barn kids, so we are decorating her room in green, pink and chocolate brown. I will post some nursery pictures as soon as we have it ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment